Join our Team!
Senior Applications ConsultantWe are looking for experienced consultants, administrators and implementers of Corporate Performance Management software (CPM) systems. If you love identifying business process issues, enjoy developing clever application solutions, and thrive on seeing a problem through to resolution, then drop us a line with your CV.
IntroductionWe work with the latest CPM technologies from OneStream Software and Oracle, and help our multi-national customers to select, deliver and support their systems for financial close, consolidation, budgeting, planning and business analytics.
No two customer organisations are the same. No two industry sectors are the same. No two analytic models are the same. Our solutions are tailored to each organisation’s requirement, and the constant variety and technological change keeps us on a path of continual learning.
The RoleA Senior Applications Consultant operates as the lead technical resource for our solution implementation projects, working with other team members, alongside the Finance and IT functions of our clients. They review business requirements, own responsibility for the solution design, and undertake the more advanced elements of the solution build. Their role provides technical oversight ensuring that our solutions are delivered adhering to best practices.
We configure and develop web-based, n-tier architected applications using software from our vendor partners, OneStream and Oracle. This includes integration with source G/L systems, database management, business rules development, workflow design, and the creation of output screens, reports and interactive dashboards.
An understanding of Group Finance and operational analytics, including but not limited to, financial consolidation, budgeting, forecasting, account reconciliations, profitability and cost management, tax reporting and industry-specific management reporting is key to the role.
The ideal candidate will have some knowledge of those domain areas, have a passion for customer success, and a focus on adding value.
Minimum Requirements Include:
- A background in consultancy, CPM systems administration, application development or software engineering;
- A BA/BSc degree in the field of Information Technology, Computer Science, Accounting, Mathematics or Business Studies (or commensurate industry experience);
- Three years post-graduate experience in a relevant role (or equivalent);
- At least one year of accounting/finance experience (or equivalent);
- Excellent business analyst skills;
- Proven understanding of database technologies (e.g. SQL) and object-oriented programming languages (e.g. VB.net, Visual Basic, Python);
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills;
- Advanced understanding of MS-Office and data modelling;
- Ability to organise and professionally manage conflicting priorities;
- Awareness of standard project life-cycle methodologies and project office standards;
- Attention to detail and aptitude for quality assurance;
- Able to operate independently without supervision or as a key member of a team;
- Ability to work in the UK and Europe without sponsorship.
Desired Attributes Include:
- A professional accounting qualification (CIMA, CA);
- At least two years’ experience in a consulting role, ideally involving software implementation;
- Prior experience of any of the following software solutions:
- - Oracle Hyperion Financial Management (HFM)
- Hyperion Planning / Essbase
- Oracle Cloud (FCCS / PBCS / EPRCS / ARCS / DVCS / TRCS)
- Oracle Hyperion Financial Data Quality Management (FDM)
- SAP BPC
- SAP BFC
- IBM Cognos
- A proactive attitude with a ‘can-do’ outlook when faced with challenges, issues or problems;
- An aptitude for thought leadership and knowledge management;
- Ability to train and mentor less experienced colleagues in the team.
About USConcentric was formed in 2005 as an outsourced provider of consulting services to Hyperion Solutions (now part of Oracle). Hyperion is a respected brand name in the office of Finance, and our staff take great pride in building on that legacy.
We are big enough to service FTSE250-scale customers and yet small enough to care about work-life balance of our team. Our culture is one of openness and sharing, with every member of staff keen to help the other in the pursuit of customer success.
LocationConsultants are home-based, working on customer engagements across the UK and Europe. We have offices in London and Munich. Travel is expected in the role, though periods of remote working is a norm in most projects.
Why Should You Apply?
- Variety of work / exposure to multiple projects.
- Competitive benefits and bonus package.
- Excellent growth and advancement opportunities.
- Low staff turnover.
- Remote working opportunities.